A Loan we can feel GOOD about

My hubby got a truck a few days ago. We've been needing one to haul crap around for a while now, as we don't really have a friend who has one we can borrow. My hubby prefers a truck anyway, so we replaced the Civic for it. No biggie.

The best part about it is that I'm proud of how well we did with the loan. The hubs previously worked for a company with a Credit Union. A real Credit Union with only 2 employees where the interest is dispersed among all the accounts. They gave him a good interest rate, and we aren't giving our hard-earned cash to "the man". I'm happy to give money to a bunch of foundry workers, screw that CEO with a mansion and a multi-million dollar salary.

I'm so glad that he remembered that he was still a member of the Credit Union. It warms my heart to know that any future *necessary* debt will be to them. When I say debt, I mean like if our AC unit breaks in July, and we need $1000 to fix it. I don't mean debt because I want to go to Red Lobster and charge it or I think I need a new iPod. I'm done with that crap.

Living within my means. Priceless.