Day 1

I want to live simple.

I have been hearing things here and there about the concept of "Voluntary Simplicity" for a while now. I am intrigued. I just signed up through an online course from Barnes and Noble to learn more. I got my book at the library today, and I'm ready.

So I've decided to share my journey as it progresses.

About me: Well. I'm simple. I'm a mom to 4 children. I have a great husband, a roof over my head, a car to drive, and food in my fridge. I suspect that compared to other Americans, my life is pretty simple already. But I know I can do better.
My nemesis is DEBT. I've been in debt since I was 17 years old. It all started with Macy's. I got my first job there, and they gave me a credit card. Today, I am 33 years old, and since that first Macy's card, I have held some sort of debt every single day of my life. And I'm TIRED. I don't need all this crap cluttering my life. What I need is to live each moment as fully and deliberately as I can. I've worked by debt up and down several times, but now it is going to stop. I'm ashamed to say it, but I'm taking the easy way out- I've filed for bankruptcy. Not the most noble way to "start over", but it was the best option for me and the hole I have dug for myself and my family. A fresh start. A new beginning.