The Holidays

I'm getting simple this holiday season, too. No more buying crap because I "have to" give a gift. And I somehow need to spread the word to return the favor. I'd rather get no present than something I don't need. It's insincere and ridiculous.

So what am I doing for gifts this year? Well...I've taken up crocheting, so I'll be making some toys and clothes for the children in my life. I'm working on a cute baby bunting doll right now that I'm hoping will become a gift. I've been practicing my Dandelion Dreamers teaset to hopefully make a set for my niece. I actually ordered one set by the DD owner for my own children because 1. Patti is an AWESOME artisan, and my work could never compare, and 2. Now I have a perfect set to look at and try to get my skills 'that' good knowing what it is *supposed to* look like LOL.

I've also gotten really good at trading with other crafty mamas, so I've already set up a trade for a little bag for knitting supplies for my sister (and yes, she may be reading this and spoiling her suprise, but oh well). I have my end of the trade complete, just waiting for the other party to finish and then we will ship together closer to the holidays. I'm pretty excited about this one, it's going to be something I want to keep!

My niece has several smocks by me that she wears as jammies. Her dad commented that he wanted some flannel jammies to match hers (not smock, though LOL), so for Christmas, I'll be sewing them up a coordinating set!

So all my presents will be various handmade crafts by either myself or my friends. That makes me feel good :) And for the hubby...well...he'll just get the same present he's gotten the last few years...sex. What more could a man want? Seriously.