I highly recommend this book!

Last Child in the Woods by Richard Louv

This book is wonderful. It's about children and how the lack of free play in the "wild" is affecting them. The author has coined the phrase "nature deficit disorder", and I think it's a perfect name. It is SO true and such a dose of reality. If you have kids, read it! I checked it out of my local library, and I'm only about 1/3 the way into but already so amazed and enlightened.

I've wanted to unplug our home, but this is really giving me that extra push. Spring is just around the corner, and here in the South, it is already warm and buzzing. My children have been playing outside non-stop for about a week now, and I can see a huge difference in them. The outdoors clears their minds, and mine as well. Today they collected 4 leaf clovers and told me stories about how there must be a pot of gold buried in our yard because there are so many "lucky clovers".