Planting, planting, planting!


My sister's Mother-In-Law gave me some seeds that she brought back from Riga, Latvia. I've been really excited about seeing how they grow, and I started them last week. I'm not sure how they will do down here in the South, Riga has a very different climate, but I love a good experiment. Here they are about 2 weeks after planting:




My neice planted some sunflower seeds last year, and they came up as MAMMOTH sunflowers. My girls have been totally excited about the prospect of big sunflowers again. A few weeks ago, one of their teachers did a project with seeds, and some of the kids got sunflower seeds. I was glad one was mine! Here are her 2 sunflower plants today.

I'm doing a correspondance course with Susun Weed called "Green Allies". I chose Red Clover for my ally, and I have started some seeds in a small bed in my yard.


Day One:


Day Seven:



And I'm planning a mint garden this year. Peppermint, Spearmint, and Lemon Balm. I got my seeds yesterday from Horizon, and I'll be starting those this weekend.