Information Costs More than Food?

I just stumbled upon an article saying that we pay more for information than food!

You gotta click on the link and check it out -- cause for a lot of people he is exactly right!

I know people who have almost all of those things--the internet, the cellphone, the internet on the cellphone, the satellite radio, the satellite television, the DVR (modern TiVo)--even the wireless card for Internet on the go besides the internet they were paying for at home! I read the article and the comments and wanted to laugh!

I pay for a mid-grade DSL connection. That connection is my television thanks to Hulu and other places. It is my phone thanks to MagicJack. It is my radio thanks to Shoutcast. If I want instant replay I just wind back the controller on the page, so I have TiVO as well!

My two cellphones are both prepay, and combined cost $50 every three months to keep active, but we rarely use all of the time we purchase for them. We mainly keep a texting package on them and use that.

I splurge with having two cellphones, but feel safer knowing that my daughter can contact me wherever she is and regardless of where I am. That is a blessing when she is at her father's house or out playing--or we get separated in a store.

It is cheaper to have the two prepay phones than it is to have even the smallest family plan.

So, no cable, no satellite radio--not even a television or a game machine in this house to pay for XBox live or whatever game is hot these days...

Read the article please, and leave in the comments here how much YOU are paying for information--I would honestly love to know!