Shoe Simplicity

I finally found a pair of shoes yesterday.  I finally found a pair of clogs that look like this but in black.  Simple enough to wear with jeans or a dress, and comfortable to boot.  Made of leather so it will last longer than that plastic stuff.

I am so glad that is done!  I would rather have one pair of comfortable shoes to wear everywhere than a pair for every occasion... Why keep up with 20  pairs of shoes when one pair will do?

I confess:  I have more than one pair of shoes.  I have my crocs for everyday wear, my black leather tredsafe sneakers for working or casual wear when the crocs will not do, a pair of black ankle-boots that have seen better days (never buy the fake stuff - it does not hold up), a couple pairs of sandals for summer and a pair of dress heels that are beautiful but hurt my feet and can now leave my life thanks to the new addition.

I would love to reduce my shoe collection down to a pair of dress shoes that can go from casual to dressy, a pair of everyday shoes like the crocs, a pair of sandals for summer and a heavier pair of nice shoes for either working or such.  Ideally I would love to go down to a single pair of shoes but I fear being a total fashion disaster if I do that, you know?  Is there a single pair of ladies' shoes that can do it all and still look good?