The Beauty of Evernote

When I first heard of Evernote and how wonderful it was I was more than a little skeptical.  I’m not one for particular programs because I tend to switch computers and operating systems frequently during the course of a day, but I decided to give it the old college try.

At first I started clipping little snippets off of webpages that interested me with the add-on for Google Chrome.  Then I started scanning notes I had scribbled.  Next it was my receipts that I needed to save.

I think I really like this program.  It is easy to use, uploads your stuff to a server (if you want) to protect them in case of a computer crash and makes it really easy to tag and categorize items for later retrieval.

I’ve not been combing my house looking for things to place in Evernote;  instead as new things come into my life I’ve been slowly adding them to the notebooks I’ve created. Even with this simple foray into the world of Evernote I have noticed a decrease in the paper around here which is wonderful. 

I haven’t come close to the 40 MB limit on uploading for the free account, but the value it is providing so far makes me think the $5 a month fee ($40 a year I think) is a reasonable price to ask for the additional features I understand you receive as well as the increased uploading capacity.

I don’t like promoting things that potentially cost money to use, but this service provides some bang for the buck as well as a free version that kicks butt.

If you would like a simple way of cataloging all those scraps of paper digitally I encourage you to give Evernote a try.  It’s a good service.