Advantages of a Simple Wardrobe

 

MVC-908X

This spring one of the things I have done is drastically reduced my wardrobe.  Where it used to overflow from a giant closet it is now contained in a closet half the size of the former one.

One thing I noticed as I thinned out my wardrobe—I had a lot of duplicates. I prefer a simple unadorned gray or black tee shirt for everyday wear, purchased in packages from the men’s department.  These shirts are inexpensive, lightweight and can handle a lot of abuse as well as going perfectly with my everyday jeans. I discovered quite a large collection of these little shirts, all of which I kept because they actually get used. 

Since reducing the size of my wardrobe I have noticed that I am now wearing a greater variety of clothing than I did in the past. One would think that the opposite would be the case but for me it is not. I think I had so many clothes that it was easier to wear the same things repeatedly instead of digging for something different!

There are a few items that aren’t getting worn currently. Partly because of the season but partly because I will need to reduce a bit more. Later this summer I will evaluate what I have and eliminate some more.

It is much less stressful to choose something from my closet now which I directly attribute to my simplistic, minimalistic path.

I am liking this.