Shelfster up and Running!

shelfster screenshot

After attempting a repair install with no success I uninstalled and reinstalled the Shelfster Desktop Tool. Now the program is running perfectly with an added perk: I now have access to a tool other than the simple clipping utility. This lists what you have uploaded to Shelfster recently as well as allows you to create new notes without having to upload them using the clipping tool and then going online to update them.

This tool definitely makes it easier! It also lists how much I have uploaded for the month so that I can determine my capacity.

One thing I notice on the webpage but not on the desktop application is the ability to search your items and access them.  While you can do this on the Shelfster website apparently this feature is not part of the desktop tool. The tools seem more specialized to clipping and uploading than dealing with the individual items.

One disadvantage I see to this method would be for those who do not have constant Internet access (e.g. those who go to libraries and Internet cafe’s for their access instead of paying for Internet at home). Not having a way to view and work with your clips offline could hurt in a pinch if you need a note “now.”

I don’t blame Shelfster for the glitch in getting it to work again: I am running Windows 7 64-bit, which sometimes acts really weird on 32-bit programs.

Now that it is back up and running I am making test clips and notes to give it a good workout.  I’ll keep you posted!

OH-FYI: I still have several invitations left for trying this beta version! Send me an email with the subject line “Shelfster Beta” and I’ll be happy to send you the link!

Those who have the link: Please give me a shout and let me know what you think, okay?