Packrat

MVC-039X

Have I ever mentioned the fact that I’m a packrat? Especially when it comes to media items. I find it rather hard to simplify my digital life.

Today I was on the hunt for a particular disc that my sister needs. I’m going through my boxes and I keep pulling out disc upon disc upon disc. It was amazing! I took a picture of one of the piles of discs I discovered. You just wouldn’t think one person could have so much but I guess with a geek….

Some of the stuff I was able to just toss. Others were audio CDs that I ripped to my hard drive before putting in storage. The rest were backup discs for computers that I have accumulated over the years and actually need to keep. Combine that with movies from the years before I stopped buying hard copies and a bunch of other things I ended up with quite a large pile. Not sure how they ended up loose in boxes as opposed to placed in the CD binders I have, however.

I have taken these and placed them in a binder where they belong and plan to look through the other boxes for any other misplaced discs as time allows.

Microsoft has a skydrive that allows you to store up to 25 gigabytes of data for free on their website. I am uploading my pictures there instead of Picasa due to the generous size allotment. I just found out about it yesterday and have spent most of today uploading my pictures there for off-site storage.

At times I wish Google really had that ability they joked about to store anything online lol! I would happily upload off of this digital stuff there!

One day I am in hopes of reducing the amount of digital media I have, but right now I am just not ready, you know?

It takes a simple complication like this to show you just how far you have to go in pursuit of the simple life…