Happy 200th Post!


As you can see I was a bit excited--I already made the wish! That's okay I'll share!

I wish that this blog and my Frugality Blog will continue to grow.

I wish for my online success to continue, but more than that I wish for the strength, ideas and determination to continue to provide not only for you but for myself!

I am amazed that I started this blog less than a year ago with a rambling post about how I began this Journey to Simplicity. Among recipes and the contents of my cabinets I even posted George Carlin's rant about Stuff.

I have ebbed and flowed on this journey to simplicity but overall I have succeeded in simplifying my life. I am now able to grab the essentials, place them in my laptop backpack and wander around with a single bag instead of two like I used to (purse + laptop bag). I have gotten more comfortable with less items around me than I have ever been in my life--an aspect I am delighted over.

My most important items (other than the kid and the critters) stay with me semi-constantly now; when I travel I no longer worry about my house being broken into as it has in the past because I frankly have nothing important for anyone to steal--at least not at home anymore. :)

It is easier now to go into a store and not buy anything now. Sometimes I look around and pick things up only to put them back before I reach the checkout counter. I spend a lot of time now at the library and online looking, reading and learning.

I am not perfect: I could no longer tolerate these dark brown walls and painted some with a gallon of primer; they looked much better the day after however! I was really trying to just deal with the walls as they were but the darkness was beginning to get oppressive after a year of living here!

Anyway, I want to thank each and every one of you who have stuck with me while I have journeyed on--your comments have encouraged and inspired me to be more than I am.

What will happen by the 300th post? I have no idea at present--I just know that I am so looking forward to the ride!