Pet Computers

This morning finds me sitting on the couch in my sister's home using headphones to listen to music while she sleeps. I decided to come down here for a small visit on a whim yesterday despite the fact that she lives several hours away.




I loaded up the critters, grabbed the stuff I was taking to her house along with my laptop and a couple of changes of clothing and headed out after feeding the fish and locking up the place.



One thing I brought was one of my old desktop computers. Yes, I traded one of my pets away to my sister. This particular one has been in my life since 2005, purchased on sale at Wal-Mart and highly upgraded. I use my laptop all of the time now and have the netbook as a spare so I simply do not need to keep all of these computer systems taking up space, especially since they no longer get turned on and used.



My sister had a Wi-Fi adapter that blows away what came pre-installed in this laptop. It will come in handy when I am on the move in areas where the Wi-Fi is spotty and my laptop cannot pick up a signal. It even supports the newer Wireless-N networks so I am pleased with the trade.



It will be strange without that desktop hanging around my home; stranger still because I normally use computer systems until they literally cannot be used any longer but my needs and uses have changed and this one needed a new home.



I am confident that I will always keep some sort of spare computer around in the event of an emergency like a system crash but thanks to laptops they no longer need to take up so much space and can easily be transported with me when I travel.



Sister is delighted at the trade for the new system blows her old one away and will enable her to have a spare system as well. She is excited about that and the fact that Time Warner is offering a wonderful deal on cable Internet service in her area and is now looking forward to the installation date.



I am delighted my pet computer is getting a new home and I have one less thing to keep up with. Life is really good.