Simple Carpet Cleaning

Hello everyone!

I stumbled upon something that my be of interest to those who wish to simplify and minimize the things they own for everyday projects.

In times past when I wanted to clean my carpet I have always rented a shampooer and scrubbed the daylights out of my carpet. After it dried my carpet still didn't seem as clean and fresh-smelling as I would like in places.

I stumbled upon a tip about mopping your carpet with ammonia water then vacuuming your carpet once again after it dried.

I tried that last night. To my amazement I had to change my water more than once and it was still getting stuff out of my carpet when I quit. I was just experimenting (and didn't want to stay up all night) so I gave the worst area a good scrubbing, went over the rest of the carpets twice in a quick manner and left it be until this morning when I ran the vacuum again.

I am very pleased and surprised with the results. My carpets actually smell better than they did after the last time I shampooed them (amazingly). I honestly didn't expect that.

Mopping a carpet is a way of simplifying your life because no longer do you have to buy or rent a carpet shampooer. It doesn't really take that long to mop it and the carpets dry pretty fast if you don't get them really wet.

You use no electricity, save wear and tear on yourself because you don't have to drag around a heavy machine, save money on expensive carpet cleaners and don't have to use any electricity for the process.

If you have a carpet check out the links and explore whether this method is for you. I am honestly thinking that if I do this on a regular basis that I won't rent another carpet cleaner again--and for me that is a really nice thought!

Have a nice day!