Dryer Update


It has been several months since I used my dryer for much of anything. I have been hanging my laundry outside or in the house during inclement weather.

I haven't really missed it.

There was an occasion last month when I used it: I decided to go to my sister's house on a whim, forgetting the fact that I had a load of whites in the washer. I tossed them in the dryer and turned it on before leaving.

When I came back it was to discover that the large load of thick towels had not been completely dried by the cycle I had hurriedly set and had soured. They had to be rewashed.

If I had simply taken a few minutes to hang them up in the house, I would not have had to rewash that load of towels. They would have slowly dried in their own time without a single issue. I haven't used the dryer since then!

I am going to try to get through this winter without using the dryer. If I can succeed, then I will sell the appliance this spring.

Part of me is tempted to just sell it now and get it out of the way. I could use the empty spot for storage, perhaps making more room for myself in my bedroom. I'm nervous at the thought of giving it up, however.

My whole childhood we had a dryer. My mother would never consider hanging clothes outside for any reason! With the exception of my sister, everyone I know has one.

Dumb reason, I know. Perhaps I just doubt my ability to live without one?

I wish I knew the reason of my hesitation. You would think that I would WANT to get rid of yet another thing, but this gives me qualms. Should I just close my eyes and sell it, or keep it for a while longer?