Practice What I Preach


One of the recipes in my ebook "The Minimalist Cleaning Method" is for a minimalist mouth rinse, or mouthwash if you will. It is a simple recipe that has been recommended by dentists for infected gums and things for ages. In fact, it was the same mouth rinse we used as kids on occasion.  

I haven't used this recipe in a long time, honestly. I have been using commercial mouth rinses instead.

When I ran out of mouthwash yesterday I decided it was time I walked the talk on this subject and filled the bottle with the recipe from my childhood:

1/8 teaspoon salt
1 cup of water
The Minimalist Cleaning Method
I mixed this up and placed it beside the sink to use instead of the expensive mouth rinses of the past. This step alone will save me several dollars over the brand-name mouth rinse I have purchased for years.

It's not as pretty or as tasty as that sugar-sweetened colored liquid, but it is minimalistic and it does the job just as well.

There are recipes for other mouth rinses in the ebook, but this one was my old tried and true favorite, the one my dad would mix up and fill our mouth wash bottles with so routinely as a kid. I think the only time we ever bought mouth wash was when family was coming to visit--I think he was afraid of being thought too cheap!

I don't care what people think of me or my choice of mouth rinse. It is effective, minimalistic and very frugal. Have you ever tried it?