I'm still alive!


I've been focusing on the other blog as of late, and I have posted a couple of things that may be of interest to readers here.

I wrote a post about why every single parent should be a minimalist, detailing reasons in a frank manner. I wrote about the book Simply Car Free, written by Tammy Strobel and my last post is titled Housing and the Single Parent.

I have figured out something; I have figured out that I am not alone in the fact that I am a single parent, but that I am unusual in how I manage to live and afford to care for my daughter.

I am not alone in the fact that I want to be home more for my kid, and am willing to do what it takes to be not only the best parent that I can be, but to look for ways to control expenses and work from home so that I have to leave my kids as little as possible.

This means using a combination of minimalism, simplicity, frugality and creativity to not only stretch the budget you already have, but to come up with nontraditional income streams. I think it is time I change my focus from generic minimalism, simplicity and frugality to a more specific "how these things help a single parent thrive."

My sister is going to be the main contributor on the frugality blog; she is the crafty one of the two of us and has a gift for making things on a shoestring. I will post there if I have anything really frugal to share and I will post here when I can.

I don't want you to think I ran out on you; I am in the process of simplifying my life and pursuing my dreams, and this process has resulted in a bit of change and the new site, which will be my permanent home.

I copied all of the posts there (except for these new ones) for the sake of posterity; I didn't want to take any chances of losing all of these posts. These new ones will stay here and live or die as they will.

I hope you will come and visit the new blog and say hello. I would love to see you there!