Sweet fellowship

Hello dear online friends.

It is always very precious to me when sisters and brothers I have met in faraway countries post pictures of themselves or videos of themselves speaking.  It makes the fellowship we have more real.

I was really excited to learn that Sarah Burrell (of Tabitha's Legacy) plans to keep a v-log through 2011, sharing her year with us on Facebook as it unfolds.  I have looked at Sarah's photos of her home and family - including that little dog! - and they have become very dear to me; and I also have some kapps and aprons here that Sarah has made for me.  It feels really special to me to wear clothes that are made not by an anonymous operative in a sweatshop in some unspecified foreign land, but made by a sister in Jesus working on her own homestead, with a free and fulfilling life, finding joy in the work of her hands and the praise of her heart.  'Put your hands to work and your hearts to God,' as Mother Ann Lee, founder of the Shakers, said.  So I have grown to care about Sarah and her family, and I felt so excited to consider that I would be able to hear her speak and share in what she has to say through this year.

I also love Anna Cory's videos at Veiled Glory, and I like to watch them just for a sense of keeping in touch. 

This inspired me to upload a video myself.  Now there are a few drawbacks to this.  My camera has no memory card, so it will take only a really short video, and I don't know what other way to do this - I think I may be able to use my computer, maybe the Skype facility or something, but I ran into server problems when I tried to open a Skype a/c, so using the camera seemed like the fall-back option.

Because I was thinking about making a video rather than about saying something profound, I had no ideas in my head, so I just sang you a little song, one of my favourites, instead.

As time goes on maybe I will become more skilled and resourced at doing this, and I will be able to post slightly longer videos.  Meanwhile, it will do anyway for a brief sharing or blessing, jsut so we can be together in a fleeting moment of fellowship.

God bless you day to you my friends, here's my song  :0)