Clipboards, Doll Clothes, Date Night & Kale

Just some odds and ends today, I don't actually have a lot of time. Scott and I will have the house to ourselves for 2 entire hours while the girls go to Teen Group tonight. It's Riley Mae's first Teen Group, and also the first time Scott and I have been alone together in many, many weeks, or most likely months, since I can't actually remember the last time it happened...

I was once again the guest blogger on Everyday Inspired. :) These have replaced my Eco-tips for the time being since I haven't managed to get both written! This week features some great green cleaner recipes (I use the floor cleaner a couple times a week, in fact, it's what's next on my list for the evening!), and several reasons why you should dump those toxic commercial cleaners. I would love it if you took a peek, and last I saw, Valerie was up to 999 followers. It would be a wonderful way to say 'thank you' if I could help her make that teeny tiny step to triple digits. I always enjoy her blogposts, especially this months green features.  :)

Haven't had much of a chance to sew yet. Taking a week off meant a lot of catch-up the last couple days, in addition to helping my sister move into her new home (yay!). But I did manage to get a couple of things listed

I did get several clipboards made, it's been awhile and it was so much fun! I listed this board yesterday in Simply Smitten


I had someone request and order a wholesale listing for my Cinnamon Stick Air Freshener! Yay! :)


Updated photos of my wholesale Lemongrass Cleaner ~ finally! Sometimes these things take awhile... a long while!


I listed this outfit last week (probably more like the week before!) in Smitten, it was my first attempt at overalls. Well, actually this was my third pair. The first was too short, the second closer, and finally the third was just right.


Riley Mae is always thrilled when I embark on a new outfit idea. She knows that she'll probably end up with a new outfit or two... and she did! Recently she has acquired a new doll jacket and two pairs of overalls. Not bad. :)


Before  I go, I thought I'd share a great, super easy recipe with you. We eat this almost daily in our home, it's beyond delicious and super healthy to boot. I see many of you are already fans of kale, so you'll definitely want to give this one a try!

1 head of kale
shallots
sea salt

Remove the thick stems from the kale. ( They can sometimes be really tough. But, my mother never removes them... then again she could eat sticks and stones and say they were delicious!!) Bring a pot of water to a boil, add the kale and cook for 5 minutes. Drain.

Slice shallots. I use 5 or 6 because we love, LOVE them so much. The more the better is what we all feel. Saute them up in a bit of olive oil until nice and brown. They get much tastier the longer you cook them.

Toss the kale with the shallots, sprinkle with sea salt and enjoy! :)



Even Willie adores kale!

And so, that'll do it for me this evening. Thanks so much for reading blogger friends! :)

Peace ~ Melinda