More Than You Probably Wanted to Know ~ My ABC's

Yesterday I was tagged by my blogger buddy, Veronica, over at Knitful Designs. I love these kinds of things because I find it so much fun to learn more about all of you guys!! I loved reading Veronica's answers and when I saw she had tagged me, I knew I would find time to do it! So, here are my ABC's:

A. Age: 37 (I think...)
B Bed size: Full
C. Chore you hate: Washing windows (seems so futile, you know? First rainstorm and they're dirty again!)
D. Day: Sunday
E. Essential start to the day: Meditating
F. Favorite color: Blue or green, but truthfully, I love all colors!
G. Gold or Silver: Silver
H. Height: Almost hit 5 feet... another 1/4 of an inch and I would have made it! ;)
I. Instruments: I played the clarinet in 7th and 8th grade and taught myself the piano a couple of years ago
J.Job title: peace maker, chef, bosswoman, chief coordinator, taxi driver, head maid, gardener, small business owner, animal trainer, counselor...
K. Kids: 3 gorgeous girls
L. Live: Putnam Ct
M. Mum's name: Cheryl
N. Nicknames: Linder, Melin, , Melinduh (my brother's fave, but to be fair, I called him Adumb), Minky (only my dad has ever called me this!)
O. Overnight hospital stays: when I delivered the girls
P.Pet peeve: whining, complaining, gossiping, judging, negativity (Did you want just one? ;)
Q. Quote from a movie: I'm no good with this! The only one I can think of is a completely generic one, I'm almost embarrassed to say it, but... "You had me at hello" (sorry!)
R. Right or left handed: Lefty
S. Siblings: 2 sisters and 1 brother, I'm the oldest (and by far the wisest ;)
T. Time you wake up: 4:30 ~ yup, you read that right, and it's by choice! I love the quiet time and it's also a way I found to create more time in my day! Of course, I'm usually sound asleep by 8:30! ;)
U. Underwear: soft, comfortable cotton bikini
V. Vegetables you dislike: Hmmm, for most of my life I would say all except potatoes and corn! Once I decided to go vegan I retrained my taste buds (it's true, it usually takes 2 weeks to acclimate to a new taste) and now I love most all. I'm still working on cooked peas though... ;)
W. What makes you run late: waiting for others to be ready
X. X-rays you've had: none? Oh, unless you count teeth. But I don't do that anymore either ~ bad radiation! ;)
Y. Yummy food you make: Mediterranean pasta, Comfort soup, Tomato soup, Beans and rice, Quinoa pilaf... tomorrow I'm making a vegan version of cheesecake! :)
Z. Zoo: Sorry, but I no longer support the zoos. :( It's too sad to see animals confined to small cages with no space to run, or fly, or live. I would definitely go on  a safari though! :)

So, now you all now a little bit more about me than you did 2 minutes ago! Now I have to tag a couple people I would love to know more about. Anyone else want to join in, please do so! :) (Laurie, don't worry, as much as I'd love for you to answer these, I know this isn't your thing! ;)

Farm Cat Girl
Gilding Lilies
Heart Felt Yarn Wreaths
Mandy's Marvelous Musings
Sesenarts
This Good Life

The last time I did something like this no one I tagged answered! Let's see if I can get one of you lovlies to do it! And I'm also going to share a recipe at Veronica's request. She shared that one of her least favorite veggies is brussels sprouts, and I almost cried! ;) I'm going to share our favorite Brussels Sprouts recipe. I'm sad to say that I can't include a photo because I have been unable to find organic brussels sprouts for months now. I've been craving them. I tried to grow them last year, no luck. But, I'm trying again this season, fingers crossed for an abundance of the little buggers!!



Such cute little veggies!
 Sesame Brussels Sprouts
20 Brussels Sprouts
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
1/4 cup toasted sesame seeds

Slice off stems and peel away any nasty looking leaves. Slice thinly (this may be one of the secrets). In olive oil saute brussels sprouts until soft and browning. This may take some time (15 minutes or more) so I usually need to add small amounts of water as I'm cooking to prevent burning. The longer they cook, the better they taste, so don't rush it! Remove from heat and toss with sesame oil and sesame seeds. Season with sea salt and serve hot... delish! So wish I had some right now... :)

I hope you are all enjoying a wonderful Thursday. More rain and clouds here, but between raindrops Scott got the garden tilled and I bought some organic veggie plants. I guess maybe the garden will happen after all... :)

Peace ~ Melinda