Spinning on from yesterday

If you read my blog entry for yesterday and the comments following it, you might have noticed links from Roberta and AbiSomeone.


I followed them up and read them.  Roberta's links were to a blog called Naked Capitalism, which I found very interesting, and she mentioned two entries in particular but didn't link directly to them, so it took me a minute or two to track them down.  In case you didn't have the patience to do that, you can get to them directly here and and here.  I found the second article also spoke compellingly to some of my puzzlement about marketing and self-promotion, engendering thoughts about trusting community rather than narrow media channels.   AbiSomeone gave us a link to the Kruse Kronicle's post quoting at some length from a article by Bruce Wydick in Christianity Today.  You can read the full article here, and again I found it very helpful.  Alice Yaxley linked us to this article by James Kwak. In his helpful and thoughtful articl her links us to the 99% tumblr - which you can find here and which again provokes reflection indeed!  Paula sent me a link to this article in the Daily Bell, via Facebook, giving a different perspective again.  If you read up that lot I guarantee you will be better and more intelligently informed about OccupyWallStreet than most!


And finally: I thought you might also be encouraged and cheered, as I was, by this inspiring and intelligent video about Richard Heinberg's constructive approach to the times we live in, here.  I love it.  I could watch it over and over.  Does my heart good.  Way to go.