New Intentions


Photo courtesy of Taylor
I'm baaaaaack {but hopefully not in a creey, evil poltergeisty kind of way!} Wow. It's been so long, but in fact, I wasn't sure if I would return to blogging at all. After that last post way back in August (?) I felt all talked out. Despite the fact that I had so much more to say... I had nothing left to say. I obviously had a couple of things to work through, but at the time all I knew was that I wanted a long, long break from the computer. So, I dove into creating, where I'm most happy. I was turning out Christmas gifts galore and feeling so freeeee! :) And after a time, things started to become clear, as they always do with enough patience.

Photo courtesy of Jordan
Who do I want to be? What do I have to share? How do I want to make a difference? Ahhhh, here I go again, now this is familiar territory. A little bit of soul searching was in order. I had shut down my Etsy shop several months back, not because I didn't believe in what I'd been doing, but because I was losing sight of who I was. Instead of creating and sharing, I was stuck staring stupidly, glaze-eyed at the computer screen for hours (hours!) a day. While I know that some people enjoy that, I'm not one of them. So after a several month break I'm back. But with a new plan. (Yes, again. ;)

BackyardDreams.Etsy.Com ~Jordan took this adorable photo of a little critter that lives by our mailbox. He doesn't even run now when we approach, just sits quietly nibbling a nut, or chattering insults in squirrel speak!
I've reopened my Etsy shop. A new start with a brand new name ~ Backyard Dreams. It took me days to come up with that name, and finally after a brainstorming session with the girls I settled on this. It feels warm, cozy, and well, me. This time my shop is 100% earth friendly. My Inspiration Earth products are back, as well as my clipboards. If it doesn't meet my eco-criteria, then you won't find it in my shop. I'm even adding in some new products, things I've been using around here for several months now like this hair wax that I love
Organic hair wax
and these organic cotton hats that I made a dozen of for Christmas gifts!
Riley modeling one of my hats, isn't she cute? :)
One thing I really, really dislike it taking photographs, so I've hired Jordan as my professional photographer. All of the photos in my shop are courtesy of her talented eye. This time around I'm doing things my way. I'm done following all of the advice out there on how to get a shop up and running. Not that it wasn't sound advice, and it worked very well for them, but it just isn't my style. I tried it on for awhile and I've decided it just isn't a comfortable fit. No more Facebook (yay!), no more editing and re-editing (and re-editing) listings so that they're "Google friendly". No more incessantly checking views. No more blogging for business reasons. So what is my goal? To spread the green. People, like me, are out there looking for chemical free, safe and organic products. I offer them and they'll find me if they're meant to. It's also an outlet for all of this creativity raging through my system. Now I can make a hat if I want to without wondering who the heck I'm going to give it to! And if I make a little bit of money doing what I love? Fantastic. But I'll probably just sink it into more supplies anyway...
Beautiful photograhpy by Taylor
As for blogging? I'm taking the pressure off there too. Instead of trying to post every other day or so I've set a goal of once a week. If I manage more, great. If not that's fine too. I considered removing the comments section but haven't been able to make myself do that. I love you guys and all of your kindnesses. Despite the fact that I haven't been seen in Blogland in months, I'm still reading some of my favorite bloggers and certain names are still heard regularly around here (Laurie, Renee, Sara, Amanda, Gracie... to name a few!) Removing comments would take more pressure off of me, but it might take some joy out of blogging too, so the jury is still out on that one.
Another of Jordan's beauties
And so, that is my new plan. For now. As those of you who know me are aware, that is likely to change in the next hour or two. :) But for right now I'm smiling. And since right now is all I have, that is enough.

Wishing you all an inspired and joyful day. Peace & blessings ~ Melinda

P.S. My daughter, Taylor, over at Perfectly Sensible Nonsense came up with an ingenious idea, one that sparkles with kindness and makes me proud. Go on over and take a peek at {Unofficial} International Leave a Note week. Join in the fun and spread some love. :)