Chalkboard Makeover!

Happy Monday y'all!! I'm excited to share a project I did a few weeks ago! 








I'd been on the lookout for a chalkboard to hang in my kitchen for quite some time...with no luck. I didn't want just any chalkboard; it needed to be oval...and in my price range. 
After a trip to Goodwill, I found the "perfect" solution. It was this gorgeous dated picture for $4.95! [The cashier commented on how beautiful it was, but I didn't have the heart to tell her my plans for it!! haha] 






I thought I had taken pictures of the painting process but couldn't find them. I sprayed the frame with an ivory color, and coated the glass with a few coats of the chalkboard paint. I was pleased that it worked so well on the glass! [The spray can had instructions on the number of coats needed and the drying time as well.]




Voila! My chalkboard!!! I get such a bang out of writing messages on it...a carryover from the days I was obsessed with being a schoolteacher, no doubt. Maybe I'll even use it for menus when we have guests! 

Have you painted anything with chalkboard paint recently?