Of Weddings, Fundraisers & Flower Girls!

Whew. It's been quite the crazy last few weeks...which would explain my being MIA!!! So I'm back, and ready to show you a few of the projects I've been working on! [I know you're dying to see them. ha]

Our youth fundraiser, the Sweet Sundae Shoppe, features ice cream desserts, along with homemade soups. We decided to go with a pink and white color theme, with black accents for a touch of elegance. I needed some sort of decoration for the tables, so my bestie & I took a trip to a little hole-in-the-wall joint in a nearby town, and found these antique glass medicine bottles, in all shapes and sizes! So fun. I sprayed them white for two reasons: to give them a fresh look & to cover up the hideous brown stains that just would NOT come out of them. The only downside: it took sooo much spray paint for 40 bottles...and I am no expert in this field! They weren't perfect, but cute!! [that counts for something, right?!]




The little ones are gracing my windowsill, and I feel happy inside every time I look at them!




The big ones are on a table in the dining room. I love carnations; they live a lonnng time!




The other part of my project: writing up a menu! 





The other major event was my brother-in-law's wedding last Saturday! It was beautiful and so much fun to be with family we hadn't seen in a while. I was in charge of making a banner, place cards & food cards. It kept me busy, but I enjoyed the challenge! Black and purple with accents of steel gray were the colors, so that's what I used.



the banner message is: "We've decided on forever!" [sorry it's nearly unreadable on this pic!]



name cards for the bridal table



cards for the cupcakes...mmm, they were delish!!


.

I also wrote out their vows and framed them. Did I mention that I love typography??!!



Oh, and these extremely good-looking people [aka: Best Man & Flower Girl]....
they're MINE!!! 


It seemed fitting to end with a picture of this little baby...she melts my heart! Can you see why?? Blessings on your Wednesday!!!