Oh dear

Sigh.  I wish I didn’t have this effect on people.  A Jehovah’s Witness called at my door yesterday wanting to talk about faith, modern social evils and how our future would pan out.  We stood talking for ages about the teaching of the Bible, the words of Jesus and the way of faithful witness.  As he left he said he felt like he’d been beaten up.  What?

----------------------------------------------------- 

365 366 Day 40 (if you don’t know what I’m talking about, see here)



 This is a very good book.  I read it with great interest.  It had, I thought, a very slightly sour taste – disillusionment or something.  Yet thoughtful and perceptive, not unkind and full of information.  But though it fed my mind it did not especially feed my spirit, and I felt no cause to keep it to read a second time.