Photos

My Badger is quite an unusual man, rather shy and introvert by nature.  He has a good camera, and I asked him to bring it along to take some photos of our expotition.  He did.  He has some excellent snaps of Ampleforth Abbey (he visited it, but I sat out that dance as the monks at Ampleforth are super-busy):



and the ruins of nearby Byland Abbey:




some really good pics of a regular visitor to our lodge: 



and a very clear shot of Stanbrook Abbey’s signboard with its graceful lettering, to show where we were:




He photographed the moss (because it was luxuriant and amazing)



and the grass (because it was starry with celandines):



and some clear water high up there in the hills, falling into a quiet pool.



He photographed our chalet, to show the family when we got home:



and the inside



He snapped Hebe and me walking  to chapel at Stanbrook



And he then took a photograph of what I guess I had been expecting: some people talking to each other (that's Hebe on the left, me in the middle and the Badger on the right - and part of my boot):



!

To be fair to the Badger, I think his sensitivity served him well on this occasion as, though we had such a happy time with the sisters at Stanbrook Abbey and at Thicket Priory, somehow taking photos would have introduced a stilted feeling and jarred the delight of our encounters.

So you will just have to imagine them!

--------------------------------------------------- 

365 366 Day 77 – Saturday March 17th   
(if you don’t know what I’m talking about, see here)  



Oh, this was a duvet.  My mama kindly gave us a super-duper soft snuggly ultra-warm duvet for the Garret.  The one we had was not old, but only medium-warm; so we had it laundered then freecycled it.