Sufficient Grace


Spring is one of the busiest times of the year on a farm.
There's planting, spraying, chopping and baling,
in addition to the myriad of daily chores that need to be done. 
 It's not uncommon for my farmer husband to be out in the fields well past dark {and my bedtime}
during these months.
Every year, I gear myself up for the flurry of activity.
I give myself pep talks.
I make him food.
I nag remind him to drink water...LOTS of it!
And I freak out about all the sleep he's losing.
But, in spite of all my efforts, I'll be honest: it's far from easy, and sometimes it sucks!


A few weeks ago, smack-dab in the middle of it all,
I read a verse that I've loved for years.
"My grace is sufficient for you, for my strength is made perfect in weakness."
The last part of this verse isn't one I know as well, but the words just jumped out at me!
"Most gladly I will rather glory in my sufferings that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
I want the power of Christ to rest upon me,
but I can't say I would choose for it to come through suffering!
Anyway, I sorta forgot about this revelation and life continued on.
More late nights and long days passed,
and I felt like I just couldn't do it anymore!
I mean, I'm the girl who said she would never marry a farmer...
I'm not cut out for this!!!



As I was talking to a friend about what I was feeling,
she mentioned the very verse I just mentioned!!!
Second time that week someone discussed it, never knowing they were God's messenger to me.
This time, I realized the truth: I can't do it in my own strength.
But His grace is sufficient.
I am weak.
But His strength is perfect in my weakness.
So I'm leaning on Him in this season!
Tonight my farmer husband is out working late, but I feel at peace.
I'm given His grace.
And it's sufficient!