World-view Wednesday: She has a name


I first heard of She has a name a few months ago through some friends of mine.
They have an incredible heart for victims of human trafficking, and raise funds to combat its evil.
Because of this ministry, Run for Her 2012 was born.
And I got to participate in my first 5k ever!



My sweet friends, Sadie & Amy {and Kim, who was already in PA!} gave the baby & I a ride to Juniata County, where the race was held.
What a great time we had, hashing all sorts of issues....
you ladies inspire me!!!


My brother and his wife live nearby, so not only did I get to spend some time with them and their two boys, but Rachel & I got to run our first 5k together!
We almost persuaded my brother to keep Hadassah since he was babysitting his boys,
but I'm glad we didn't.
She had so much fun watching all the runners!!


I jogged the 3.1 miles with my stroller. Thank goodness, it was a flat run!
I wasn't quite as in shape as I thought I'd be, but I did manage to keep from walking til the very end. Victory!!!


Seriously, it was so special to have my daughter join me [even if she didn't have a choice! ha]
There were several moms with strollers that came out.
It's a perfect way to exercise 
AND support a great cause!


I hope this is the start of many more 5k events I participate in, 
and maybe even a 10k someday.
Who knows?!

* * *

Please, please pray for this ministry and the lives of the women they touch!
Let's be the body of Christ
and bring His light into the darkest places.

Blessings to you, my friends!