31 Days to Living a More Intentional Life



This post will serve as the directory for each topic throughout my 31 day challenge hosted by The Nester. If this is your first visit, be sure to scroll down  to see my introduction!
Day 2: Realistic Expectations 
Day 3: Exercising
Day 4: Unplugging
Day 5: Creating Memories
Day 6: Changing My Heart for the Hard Things
Day 7: Intentionally Wasting Time
Day 8: Intentional Mornings: Part 2
Day 9: One Tired Mama
Day 10: 2 Minutes a Day to Better Parenting
Day 11: Recognizing Bad Triggers
Day 12: Prioritizing My Blogging
Day 13: Eat That Frog
Day 14: Changing Sunday
Day 15: Finding the Good
Day 16: Dreaming
Day 17: My Idols
Day 18: Taking Time to Grow
Day 19: Remembering to Pray
Day 20: Intentional Date Night In
Day 21: Circle of Influence
Day 22: XP: Intentional Parenting: Toddlers
Day 23: XP: Thanksgiving
Day 24: XP: Contentment
Day 25: 11 Things to Accomplish Everyday
Day 26: Adding Contentment (Part I)
Day 27: Why do we want to buy stuff? (Contentment Part II)
Day 28: Intentional Parenting
Day 29: XP: Being a Pitcher
Day 30: I'll get around to it...
Day 31: Keep Living Intentionally

31 Days to Living a More Intentional Life
I spoke briefly in my series announcement post about why I chose this as the theme for the The Nester's 31 day challenge this October.

Since then, I've prepared mentally for this month, brainstormed ideas, researched for inspiration, etc.  And I went into a panic.  I suddenly realized, maybe this isn't the right direction to go in.  Maybe this is too deep to share on a new blog.  I realized that as excited as I was feeling about this topic I was also feeling another strong emotion: Fear.

I. Was. Terrified.

Terrified of having to follow through for all thirty one days.  Terrified of going out of my comfort zone.  Terrified of being tired.  Terrified of being judged.

Terrified of changing.
After a few days, I finally found the encouragement I needed:
Serve only the Lord your God

A primary motivator for me to live more intentionally is so I spend less time "of the world". Less time serving the things I have been instead of God. Less time serving TV, Facebook, blogs, Instagram, reading, housework, sleeping.  My life has become so CLUTTERED and I've created an ADDICTION to being "wired in" 24/7. 


This is time I could be using to be more engaged with my children, praying for my husband, meditating over scripture, exercising, and so on.



Fear Him alone, obey His commands, listen to His voice, and cling to Him


If I am to fear Him alone, I cannot fear this change.

If I am to obey His commands, I need this change.
If I am to listen to His voice, I have to make this change.


First and foremost this challenge is for me. I hope you will follow along and give me encouragement and accountability. I hope at least one of my next thirty one posts reaches somebody and inspires them to change something that will allow them to begin living a more intentional life.


The first step

The first step in living life more intentionally is making the decision. Making the choice. Committing to it. It is the hardest step. 

Will you join me?



Thank you following along on our journey to simplicity. Please be sure to learn about our family, like our page on Facebook, and visit the right column to subscribe to our posts :)

"I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want."

Philippians 4:12



God Bless!