Day 12 . Prioritizing My Blogging


Tomorrow will mark one month of my blogging journey. I actually created this blog in the beginning of summer but didn't find the courage or time to post anything until a few months later. 

When I started this blog, my primary goal was to document our journey to simplicity. 
I wanted a place - for me - to write down my experiences - good and bad. And also a place to hold myself accountable for our lifestyle changes.

I shared this blog with my friends and family, Facebook page, and on an online forum I'm in, but I never imagined receiving the amount of interest I have. I hoped people would read it and be inspired and help educate me in the areas I hope to grow, but I didn't know if they would. 

Then I had my first day with 100 page views.

Then 200. Then 300.
Then 500... FIVE HUNDRED views!
Now, one month in, I'm approaching the 10,000 page views 'milestone'.

I know to some big bloggers that's nothing. That's an hours work. But to me, it's huge.

I noticed I wasn't just checking my views at the beginning of each day or whenever I thought to. I was checking it everyday, multiple times. From my phone even.

Every time my phone *dinged* I opened my email hoping for a new comment or like on Facebook.


But you know what? This isn't why I started blogging.

This isn't about my ego, how many people love me by reading regularly or commenting on Facebook. Do I love, appreciate, and need the accountability? Absolutely

But it's really about impacting people by sharing the ways God has impacted my life.


I'm turning off email updates. I'm not checking my page views for the rest of the 31 days. 
I know this post doesn't apply to everyone, but it's a commitment I needed to make for me. I trust that God will have anyone who needs to read my posts find me.



Thank you following along on our journey to simplicity. Please be sure to learn about our family, like our page on Facebook, and visit the right column to subscribe to our posts :)

"I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want."

Philippians 4:12


God Bless!