Hadassah's First Birthday Photoshoot

On the week of Hadassah's birthday, between making multiple meals for the harvest crew,
I decided to take some photos for the birthday girl.
The neighbors have a lovely old red barn that was the perfect backdrop for the shoot.
Chippy, old, red...oh yeah!
All their children decided to join in on the fun, and had such a hoot waving grasses in her face and trying to make her smile.
You can't beat free entertainment!
I grabbed an old chair, chalkboard and the burlap pennant I made for her party to use as props.
 
 
 
 
 
 
All in all, I felt like it was a success! I mean, she stayed on the chair long enough for me to snap a few pictures, which was a challenge in itself!!
I melt when I look at this sweet little girl,
the one that I held in my arms for the first time just a year ago!
How is it possible that we're here already?
{I'm imagining what I'll say when she turns 16!}
She's a busy little lady, and is always exploring, aka: getting into trouble.
She's super-friendly, and considers it her job to tell everyone
that she sees "hi"!
She loves to go "bye-bye" with papa and gets very sad when he leaves without her.
She loves the horses and kitties,
and thinks she is big enough to feed herself.
She signs "please", "thank you", "more" and "drink".
It's so fun to watch her learn and grow!
I'm excited to see who she will become.
Happy birthday, angel!