our new house for the first time!
We were so blessed to receive all the help we did from our family these past two weeks. From painting, cleaning, tearing up carpet, packing, and moving. All the waiting, preparing, and renovating were worth it.
As you can see, we still have a lot of settling in to do (we're only on our second official night). Just from this picture, we need to...
- Lay down the rug in the living room (where I'm sitting)
- Install the bottom trim piece and do the final coat of paint on the trim
- Find door knobs for the top cabinets of the built in
- Clean the dining room light fixture (like asap)
- Clean pretty much every wall and piece of trim from all the leftover dust from our floor refinishing
- Unpack that tote by my foot and stop using it as a footrest
- Find a free coffee table on Craig's List and use that as a footrest
- Oh, and we probably should get some dining room chairs too, huh?
And that's just the beginning.
But it's exciting. We're already dreaming and building our list of ways we can make this home our own. Even though it's far from perfect, I still feel incredibly blessed that God provided this opportunity for us. Remind me of this when the furnace breaks or we find out we need all new plumbing, okay?
I promise to post pictures this week of our first big before-and-after makeover of the living & dining rooms... once I get a few more of these boxes emptied out :)
Thank you following along on our journey to simplicity & contentment. Please be sure to learn about our family, like our page on Facebook, and visit the right column to subscribe to future posts!