DIY Polymer Clay Gift Tags


Are we already less than 2 weeks away from Christmas?! Craziness. It always manages to catch me off-guard; there are so many fun things to do and experience that I end up finishing up my Christmas shopping the week before Christmas! I know, some of you manage time much better than I do! :)
It may have something to do with the fact that I get easily distracted; you know, Pinterest projects and such? Speaking of which, I want to share my latest one with you!


I've seen these clay tags all over, in blogs and on Pinterest, and was pleasantly surprised at how easy they actually were to make! You need the polymer clay, which I found at Michael's in a block. I just pulled chunks off of it, and worked it with my fingers until it was pliable and ready to roll.


This is a fun job for little people! Granted, she didn't do alot of rolling but she had fun trying!! :) My goal was to make them about 1/4" thick.


Using a cookie cutter, make your circles. Then I punched a hole in the top with a straw, which worked very well. To add a finishing touch, I took a distressed board and pressed it into the clay to give it a wood grain look. It was a bit clumsy, but it did the trick! I baked them on a cookie sheet at 325 for about 30 min, about 15 minutes longer than the directions said to do them. Just keep an eye on them and make sure they are done before you pull them out.


I now have lots of clay tags to put on all my gifts!!! Ahhh, happy sigh. I love them!


Now I'd better finish that Christmas shopping! :: Happy weekend my friends ::