Cleaning the Pig Sty...Stage 1

I'm starting with TOYS. I got the gals to bring all the toys from all over the house into the Living Room to sort through them all and organize. I felt like we were drowning in toys, but 'ya know what? Once they are all together and contained, there really weren't that many excess toys. I threw away all the little crap (like things they got in Kids' meals or freebies that were being handed out to kids somewhere/anywhere/everywhere). We put all stuffed animals in one big bin, all dress-up clothes in same size bin, and then everything else fit in 4 little baskets to be sat along the walls of the room/s. We have a "playroom" AKA place where we put all the toys, dollhouses, and desktop computer. There's a little twin bed in there for when the kiddos are fighting at night and we have to seperate them (.....now, now, you know you've had to do it too!) and for our occasional overnight guest. 3 of the girls all share the same bedroom, so it's really just beds and clothes.

I have an underbed storage box started for Garage Sale items.

I still have to better clean the room w/ the toys and get it like I want it. Next comes the kids' bedroom which shouldn't take too terribly long as there isn't much in it.

Next comes the kitchen- I want to put away all the extra plates, glasses, silverware. I had an awareness yesterday as I was loading up my SECOND dishwasher full- I use everything we have and then wash. Silly. If we only had 1 plate, 1 bowl, 1 cup, 1 set of silverware each, then I could just quickly wash them up after every meal, put them on the counter, and use them again for the next meal. Only run the dishwasher when I'm cooking alot and using a lot of mixing bowls, utensils, that sort of stuff. Sound good?

The other things will be:
My bedroom, my closet- the messiest of all because no one ever sees it.
Baby clothes and cloth diapers- get rid of what we don't really use
Photographs and scrapbooks/baby books- these are all over the house in no particular organized fashion.
Sewing Stuff- I've accumulated waaaay more "projects" than I will ever get to.

And last will be my garage with the finale being closing it in so we can make a spare room.

:)