Simplicity in Printing

DSCF5228

I discovered that my printer cord has been damaged today. Desperate to print out an obituary for my printerless sister I called the library.

To my surprise McCracken County Library patrons are given 90 minutes of computer time and 10 free printed pages every day! I drove over there, printed out the obituary for her and dropped it in the mail before coming back and setting down to work.

This has gotten the little wheels in my mind turning. I don’t really print that much—this is the first thing I’ve actually needed to print in months, honestly. Could I do without a printer?

I actually use the scanner more than I do a printer, settling for a lower quality all-in-one rather than the higher-quality scanner I would actually prefer.

I come to the library regularly to work if only to get out of the house and avoid the (at-times) incessant ringing of the phone. This way I can tell family and friends that I honestly cannot talk :). What would it hurt to do my occasional printing here while I am at it?

If I could eliminate that one device (printer/scanner all in one) life would be that much better. One less device to maintain, buy ink for, refill and replace when it goes south.

Anyhow, until I repair the printer cord (or replace it depending upon the damage) I will be doing my printing exclusively at the library. If I can locate a place to scan I might not bother with even attempting a repair.

Until then it is back to work. I’ve been much too lazy as of late!

NOTE: McCracken County Library is located in Paducah, KY. If you ever visit the computer area and find a really short lady madly typing away you have probably spotted me :)