Elimination and Accumulation

I put the desk on Freecycle that you see in this picture because it was not comfortable to use and I had no other use for it:

In it's place I am using my old faithful computer desk, the one I bought back in 1998:


That is what that area looked like after I moved the bookshelf and the aquarium over to that section. The aquarium was in a place that will be painted when I get another can of primer so it had to be moved.

The bookshelf was moved when I ended up with a chair and ottoman from the gentleman that took the computer desk. I did a little bit of work on his computer and took it in trade. I needed a nice chair for the living room, one that I could move around and this is perfect! I tossed my old queen-sized jersey sheet set over it to blend it into my decor:



It is very comfortable and goes with the rest of the house quite well. I am excited that I have a comfortable chair to sit upon with an ottoman to prop up my feet!

The gentleman was very nice and offered me a dresser as well but I have no room or need for that so I declined. This chair was something I had considered locating for in here but I had not even seriously began to look, you know?

One day I hope to locate a white queen or king sheet set to cover them and brighten them up but black will have to do since it is what I had! This place does look a lot better even with just one coat of primer slapped on some of the walls!

It definitely eliminates any need for turning on the light if I wander into the kitchen at night! Now the white reflects the outside light inside so I can actually see!

********
I may not have reduced the number of things I owned with this day but I definitely improved the usefulness of the items that I do own! This has been a good day as a result!