A New Look

I took all of the dark paneling that I could take so after consulting with my favorite Cousin S I went shopping for some Zinsser Bulls Eye Primer.
Wm Zinsser 2001 Bulls Eye 1-2-3 Latex Primer

I am delighted at how well it covered and quickly went through the gallon that I bought. This stuff covers all surfaces and is even tintable, resists mold and rusts and cleans up well. If it would slap itself up on the walls I would be in heaven!

I plan to get another gallon in a week or two and finish up the living room and the hallway walls, then after that will hit the ceiling in those areas. I didn't put it on really thick so it will need 2 coats but with just one coat the difference is wonderful! I plan to give two good coats to those areas before moving on to the kitchen and repeating the process...

Eventually this place will be white on white: a soft gentle white on the walls with a bright, eye-popping white for the trim and cabinetry. Haven't decided on the floors yet but I am really leaning toward ripping this red carpet up and just painting the floor black, perhaps with some abstract colors mixed in before hitting it well with a good clearcoat. I am not going to concern myself with that at present--just want to get the paneling covered.

As I primered the walls I could not help but laugh. My frugal father would have pitched a fit at me painting "perfectly good" paneling. In his opinion if it wasn't broke you should not fix it but I could not tolerate the darkness any longer--sorry, Dad.

One gallon at a time will not bother my budget at all and give me something to look forward to without overwhelming me at the same time. Since that stuff covers everything the wheels have been turning in my head at the other things that I can paint with that primer.

Anyway, I snapped a quick picture with my camera. It gives you an idea of how much lighter it is in here anyhow....
Just overlook the cords and mess cause I'm still cleaning on this! Doesn't it look totally different to what it did?

I promise to take a better picture tomorrow during daylight but it is almost 2 a.m. and I am beat, sorry. The light is really reflecting off of the primer and messing up the pics so I will wait until daylight!

With that being said, I have got to go to bed. Nite, all!