Time for a Change


Once again, I find that it is time to reaccess my life, something I embark upon quite often. What I was doing was no longer working for me, so it was time to step away, and figure out what direction I wanted to head in. I'd been doing a lot of reading lately, information aimed at promoting my Etsy shop, Simply Smitten. It made sense, all of those facts on SEO (search engine optimization), and so I spent much time applying this new info. From there I spent more time building up my Twitter account. I had set up the account back in October, but never touched it again. So, I spent many collective minutes following those with similiar interests, watching as my followers increased, a random tweet here and there. I've had a Simply Smitten business page on Facebook for some time, but I will confess that I am not a huge fan of FB. After spending just a little bit of time there, I can feel my energy drop, it almost makes me feel sad. I sense such desperation at times, so many people trying to connect...over a computer... sigh. Back to the info I'd been accumulating ~ according to all of the articles I was reading, I needed to SEO my shop. Done. Promote on Twitter. Done. Promote on Facebook. Done. Were any bringing me joy so far? Nooooo..... nothing yet.

There was once more thing to try though, and this one I've resisted for some time: blogging. Not because I don't have much to say (I mean, have you seen the length of my posts, and that's when I try to keep it brief! ;) but because I don't have the time to keep up with it. But, since I was making such a concerted effort to sell myself, it would be worth giving it a shot. Again. In order to keep up with all of this self-promotoion, it was eating up vast quantities of my time, and subsequently my life. Time I didn't really have to spend, because as a result, other avenues of my life were getting jipped. It felt like I had slipped on a new pair of shoes that were initially comfortable (or at least bearable) only to find that at the end of a long day they pinched something fierce, the color wasn't me, and since when do I wear heels? I hate heels. So, I stepped back and away from the computer, and did some meditating, some serious thinking about where I want to go. I was trying to build this empire, and do I even want an empire? Ironically, I wasn't doing any of the above-mentioned things this past summer and fall, and found I was making regualr sales, enough to make me happy at any rate. So, when did I think I needed to change things? When I began to doubt it was enough? Probably. Lack creates lack, after all. So, I stepped back into my life, my comfortable shoes that suit me just right. No pinching, and definitely no heels. We dove back into our schoolwork, I've spent 3 days perfecting a gluten-free sourdough bagel recipe, something I've wanted to do for some time. Caught up on tons of odds and ends. All the little bits of my life that bring me joy, make me feel grounded. My Jordan commented the other day that I haven't even created anything in awhile... It seems I've separated from my creative source, and that never brings me joy. It's time to find my way back, and leave the promoting up to someone bigger, and with many more connections than me. ;)

Out of all of this though, out of all these computer related activities, there is one I'm sticking with. Here's a hint, I haven't visited Twitter in days, nor Facebook, but as you can see, I've created a space of time to sit and blog! In fact, I would love to make more time for this, but that may be pushing it! At least I've found a pair of shoes that fit... for now! ;)



So, moving on, I was delighted the other day to find that my daughter, Taylor, had decorated me with an award. You may know her as Dreams of Fae, or perhaps, The Forest Faery. This "game" sounded like a fun idea, so here I am doing my part. Thanks Tay, for the award!


Here are the guidelines

1. Thank and link back to the person who gave you this award

2. Share 7 things about yourself

3. Award 10 recently discovered great bloggers

4. Contact the bloggers and let them know about the award,

and let the giver know that you accept the award


1. I am a happy, peaceful organic vegan who loves to cook! I haven't eaten in a restaurant in years, because I haven't found a place that makes truly healthy foods... yet!

2. I am eternally optimisitic, much to the dismay of those around me who'd like to wallow sometimes. I can always find the silver lining!

3. I have 4 dogs, 4 cats, 2 hermit crabs, 2 hamsters, 1 mouse, 4 rats, 2 goats, 10 chickens, 4 rabbits sharing my home and life with me (the house get vacuumed DAILY!! ;)

4. I am crazy organized, I hate clutter and thrive on neat, clean simplicity

5. I homeschool my three girls and most days I adore it! ;) I love to learn, read and grow, I'm on a quest for knowledge.

6. I married my high school sweetheart and we are still together and happy after 17 years, but don't get the illusion that there hasn't been effort involved in our marital bliss!

7. I am deeply spiritual and have discovered many "secrets" to a joyful life. I meditate daily.

8 My deepest, current wish is for solar heating. I love living a life that is clean and green, it makes me feel powerful and free.

Okay, that was one more than I was supposed to do, but really, be thankful, because I could have gone on, and on... :) Now, on to 10 new bloggers I've found. Taylor stole a couple of my most favorites, but I've got tons more!











Is that it? I believe I've filled all of the criteria. Now I'm off to let these fabulous bloggers know that they too have won an award. I hope someone responds, I'd love to learn even more about these interesting bloggers, who always have something to say... I'm listening! :)