I'll be the first to admit, I stick out like a sore thumb. It's okay, I embrace the uniqeness that makes me me, but it means I'm often judged and opinions are levied. I will admit, it gets tiresome. Here's are some things I've learned about myself along the way ~
- Going vegan was one of the most peaceful, and right decisions I have ever made for me. Is it for everyone? Nope.
- Homeschooling my girls is what I'm supposed to be doing. Is it for everyone? Again, no.
- I could never imagine leaving my children, so becoming a stay at home mom was the very clear choice I made for us all. Is it for everyone? Uh-uh.
- I choose and cherish solitude, I'm very much a happy loner. I can stay home for weeks at a time and not miss the world a bit. Is it for everyone? No.
- I thrive when I'm surrounded by clean, simple order. My cozy home is the place I most love to be. Is this for everyone... okay, I'm sure you get the picture! :)
I challenge you to try it. Just one day. Judgement free. Just because it isn't a choice that you would make, remind yourself that it isn't a choice that you would make. Allow others the joy and freedom to choose what makes them happy, even if you don't understand it. You'll be amazed at how free you feel, untangling yourself from all of the accumlated opinions you've spent a lifetime collecting. I'm not saying it won't be hard, but I am saying it will be worth it.