I was reading through a copy of one of my favorite mags, Better Homes & Gardens, when I noticed that this week is listed as "Random Acts of Kindness" week! In spite of the fact that it probably has something to do with Valentine's Day, I thought it was a great reminder to reach out & show love...intentionally!
Here are some ideas to get your creative juices flowing:
1) Bake some cookies & drop them off at a neighbor's house. [on my list!]
2) Offer a smile and "hello" to the cashier in the grocery store. With a baby, I get stopped a lot, especially by older people who want to talk about how cute she is and what age, etc. If I'm in a hurry, it can be annoying. But I've decided these can be opportunities to show them love!
3) Send a card, text or facebook message to encourage a friend. It's the little things that sometimes mean the most!
4) When there is a need, offer to help. Time can be the greatest gift you can give. [This is an area I really need to grow in!]
5) Just listen. Ahh...it's so easy to "fix" the problems our friends have, but sometimes the best thing we can do is be a listening ear.
6) Give anonymously to someone who is struggling financially. If you feel a nudge from the Holy Spirit to give, do it!! It may not make sense, but I can assure you that you will be blessed.
7) Make a meal for a busy mother or a first-time mom. So many people generously brought us food when Hadassah was a newborn, and it was such a blessing! Now it's my turn to put it into practice...
Those are just a few ideas I had...the possibilities are endless! Many blessings to you as you look for ways to show kindness this week.