A party for Sugarplum!

 
September 16, 2011 was a day that forever changed our lives: Hadassah Jo was born, and we entered the world of parenting! As we approached her birthday, I thought alot about the miracle of birth, and then growth as we watched her change from a helpless infant to a laughing, walking, talking bundle of joy!!! Eddie & I agree that she is the best thing that has happened to us. We couldn't love her more! I wanted her party to be a time of celebrating her life with all of the people who love her the most. I was so grateful that my whole family was able to be here and make the memories even more special!

As I thought about a theme, I decided to go with "sugarplum", since that is a name that I have called her since she was born. And the fun began!!! I pulled together a variety of vintage decor that was around the house, as well as an antique chandelier that I repurposed with some spray paint!

 
 
I used an old window that I found at a garage sale, and strung up her 1 year photos with some twine!
 
 

 
 
I wanted a timeline of her first year, so I took her monthly photos, cut them into ovals, and adhered some ivory linen cardstock to the back. {I may have gotten a little teary as I looked at how she's grown!} Just clip them to jute with mini clothespins...and you're set! I love how this marks their development. They change so much the first year, and it's special to have a visual of their growth! Of course, I especially love it, since I'm such a sentimental gal. 
 

 
My sister, Freda, was a huge help with the decor! She knows what I like and did a fantastic job of helping me pull it all together. Balloons were weighted down with a piece of candy...thanks to Pinterest!

 
 
A bowl of plums on the table continued our theme. I made a burlap banner with Hadassah's name on it, and hung it on the front of the table. 
 
 
 
My dear friend, Edith {Hadassah's Aunt Edie!} made these lovely cupcakes. The chocolate cupcakes had a chocolate ganache filling, and they were i.n.c.r.e.d.i.b.l.e.
 
 
 
She also made a personal cake for Hadassah, complete with a fondant plum! It was too cute. Confession: I wanted to eat all of it by myself!!


 We took some mommy/daughter photos on the big day, and although none of her expressions are perfect, I still love them!

 
 
Just look at those cheeks! She'll always be my baby girl.
 
 



We only got one family photo, and it's a little alot cheesy, but at least we have it for memory's sake!


Hadassah was quite the prim little lady with her cake! We tried and tried to get her to smash it, but to no avail.



She just took dainty little bites, {no, she didn't learn that from her mommy!}and then clapped and squealed!! It was the cutest thing.

 
 
She loved her gifts!!! The pink car from Aunt Edie and Uncle B, especially. Apparently I'm slow at unwrapping presents, because she was crawling in before the box came off!! She gets her lack of patience from her father, of course :)
 


 
 
After much debating about what we should get her, and coming down to the last minute without a present for the birthday girl, I picked up a cell phone for her! She's always dragging mine around, so I hoped this would help solve that dilemna. She LOVES that phone! One of her favorite things to do is open it up, and say "hello" and then close it, and say "bye"! Now she has a car, a phone and a toy camera!!!
 
 
 
I took a few pictures of her toddling around in her ruffled white dress, just because my baby girl will only have one 1st birthday!

 

Precious little angel, you have blessed our home in so many ways! Happy 1st birthday, Hadassah!!!