Day 1 . Wake Up, Wake Up, Wake up!

Waking Up Intentionally

Ahhh mornings...

I am SO blessed that I have the opportunity to stay at home with by babies while my husband works to provide for our family. However, because I don't have anything I have to wake up and tend to by a specific time, I typically don't wake up. 


I am not a morning person. 

I prefer to stay in bed until Evelyn wakes up and energetically comes in between 7-8:00 AM. Usually Will ends up awake with her joyous, "Goooood MORNING!" and that is how we begin our day together.

I've known for a long time that someone who lives life intentionally probably doesn't roll out of bed in the morning at the last possible second. In order for me to live my day intentionally, I need to start my day intentionally. By committing to waking up at a certain time.


And you know what? 

By sleeping in, I think I'm giving myself an opportunity to have a happier day by not dealing with grumpy-morning-Beth but, in reality, going from being in a deep, relaxing sleep to groggily juggling  two, fired up, rested babies who instantly need new diapers, breakfast, and a mom to play with them all within the first 30 minutes of the day isn't worth the extra sleep.

I would be much happier and productive in my day if I have a little time in the morning to wake up, rest, reflect, and prepare before the babes are up. How you wake up sets the tone for the entire day.



So, what time will I be setting on my alarm?


6:00 AM, baby!
6:00 AM. For the next 31 days.

That should give me an hour to ninety minutes alone to accomplish whatever I want.
I can't guarantee that I'll be happy right when I wake up. But fortunately no one else in my house will be up either so I'll only have to deal with myself, ha!


So, who's going to call me at 6:01am EST and make sure I'm up? Any tips for a non-morning-lover on how to get out of bed with gusto? 



Thank you following along on our journey to simplicity. Please be sure to learn about our family, like our page on Facebook, and visit the right column to subscribe to our posts :)

"I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want."

Philippians 4:12


God Bless!