Psst, October series announcement!

This October, I will begin my first series (hosted by The Nester and along with hundreds of others): the annual 31 Day challenge. 

My first series as a blog. At less than a month old. For 31 days straight. 
Go big or go home, right?

As I was reading through others comments who plan to partake in this 'event', it seemed like the most challenging part was deciding, what do I do as my topic?

I needed a topic that I would be willing (and excited) to write about for an entire month. Every day. 31 days straight. 

I immediately began to brain storm. I wanted something that would allow me to grow as a person but also something that people following along could join in on if they chose to (whether it be for one day or all of them). I needed something that was focused on holding me accountable in our pursuit for simplicity. Within a few minutes, the topic for me was an obvious one.


31 days to living a more intentional life.

What is an intentional life?
In my journey to pursuing a simpler life, I've realized it's something that takes intention. In today's busy world, I have the habit of going with the flow, running around every day without any real planning or rhythm and at the end of the day not feeling that I accomplished anything.

If I want to achieve true simplicity, I need to experience each day. I need each day to have a purpose.
I have to be intentional on how I parent, how I discipline, how I eat, how I spend my time, how I budget.

I don't believe I will ever be fulfilled in life by running through each day with my head cut off - pulling my toddler off the window sill, cleaning up melted popsicles, and eating cereal for breakfast, lunch, AND dinner. I don't believe I'll ever be able to enjoy the little things in life fully if I'm not efficient with my time doing the big things.


I can't wait to grow during this upcoming month and begin living life more intentionally.



Thank you following along on our journey to simplicity. Please be sure to learn about our family, like our page on Facebook, and visit the right column to subscribe to our posts :)

"I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want."
Philippians 4:12


God Bless!