Stepping Back to Simplicity

If you've been with me since day one (or, umm since 3 days ago) you may have noticed I started with a different, more colorful layout.


I liked the layout. It represents my personal style. Not very modern. Not overly bright. Just classic texts, prints, and textures.
And all of the "newbie blogger" forums I was reading seemed to obsess about layouts, presentation, etc.

But I realized, my primary reason for blogging is about the content. Not the layout or theme.
I wanted something more simple, still representing of me, but something I wouldn't get bored with easily. But then I realized, one of my favorite blogs has a white background with black font. Very basic... and yet, it's one of my most-visited blogs (I even carry her button on my sidebar).

So does layout REALLY matter? Or is it the message?

Some may disagree. I'm sure some are thinking I'm over thinking it. But I decided to simplify. I may still tweak it here or there as I get suggestions from friends and family members. But I'm more comfortable with this style. It's less distracting (to me). And it's more what I envisioned. For now at least.


Thank you following along on our journey to simplicity. Please be sure to learn about our family, like our page on Facebook, and visit the right column to subscribe to our posts :)

"I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want."

Philippians 4:12


God Bless!