Day 18 . Taking Time to Grow


I didn't finish college.
God just had a different path planned for my life.

But despite that fact that I don't have a degree or a "higher education"... I love learning.
I have a lot of passions and areas I wish to grow in my life, which requires that I'm continuously expanding my knowledge. 

Pregnancy & birthing, health, self-sufficency, cooking, gardening, alternative medicine, homemaking, just to name a few...

I think it's easy, for moms especially, to "lose"themselves and their passions. Instead of spending time reading and discussing the things they love, they spend time talking about their kids, their milestones, and their family, checking out what everyone is up to on Facebook, watching HGTV, etc.

There's nothing wrong with that! 
But there needs to be a balance with growing yourself, and everything else. 

my currently reading...
So, instead of just buying interesting books from Amazon on things I'm looking to learn more about and adding them to my collection, I'm actually going to read them. 

I still have a lot to learn about parenting/children's health (um, that's probably an area I will forever be learning more about) - but from now on I'm going to make sure for ever "necessary" book I'm reading, I'm reading another one just because.

Then I'm growing myself as a mom, and as Beth.

What are you passionate about? Are you good at spending time reading/learning to grow yourself in those areas?



Thank you following along on our journey to simplicity. Please be sure to learn about our family, like our page on Facebook, and visit the right column to subscribe to our posts :)


"I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want."

Philippians 4:12


God Bless!