Day 30 . I'll get around to it...


This month, I've thought of literally dozens of ways I could be living my life more intentionally.

And in a lot of ways, I have changed.
I've changed my habits, my attitude, my priorities.

But unfortunately, in even more ways, I haven't changed.

For some things, I've continued to tell myself, "I need to do that... after I _________," or, "I want to add that to my day, once I am _______."

There is always a reason to delay.
Always a reason to put it off, wait for a better situation.

I'll start doing pre-school activities each day with Evelyn, after the busy holidays are over.

I'll start making Christmas gifts, once I'm not so busy preparing to move.

There is always a reason.
But are they valid?

There's a quote that says something along the lines of.. "There will always be a million reasons to not do something, but all you need is one good reason to do it."

I think that reminder is the kick in the butt I needed. My daughter is worth taking time to grow her now (when she's begging for it) versus when it's more convenient for me.

What is still on your list to do in order to live more intentionally that you've put off? Let me know I'm not alone!


Thank you following along on our journey to simplicity & contentment. Please be sure to learn about our family, like our page on Facebook, and visit the right column to subscribe to our posts :)

"I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want."

Philippians 4:12


God bless!