Day 4 . Unplugging



Yesterday, after waking up at 6:30 AM, (I'll admit I haven't gotten 6 o'clock yet but I'm getting closer!), getting to the gym by 8 AM, working out, coming home to do housework and crafts with Evelyn, teaching a class, and doing more cleaning.. I was exhausted. 

Although I would typically spend 2 to 3 hours (yikes) online blogging and Facebooking; last night I spent maybe 30 minutes on my computer before I crashed.. (hence no blog post this morning).

In fact I didn't even check my email, blog, or Facebook this morning before the gym. It wasn't until almost 11 o'clock that I finally had a moment and checked in.

The funny thing is, (besides knowing I didn't have a post to publish this morning), in the last 24 hours I haven't really noticed I hadn't checked in. I wasn't wondering what pictures were being posted on Facebook, what comments people were leaving on yesterday's post, or what deal was offered today from Groupon. 

I actually went to bed last night feeling sore, extra cuddly from missing Will during my class, and incredibly accomplished.

Yes, this is what I've been wanting!

It's amazing how when you make a few positive changes in your life to live more intentionally it ends up taking a domino effect and changing other areas as well..

So far I've intentionally focused on:

And because of those changes, I've unintentionally:
  • Started doing devotions each morning
  • Been more engaged with my toddler
  • Started eating healthier
  • Been more efficient with my time
  • Stopped drinking fancy coffee
  • More things I can't think of

I was planning on posting about unplugging near the end of the month (and I might still) but I'm excited that even only 4 days in: I'm seeing change! 

Change in my mentality, my use of time, my attitude.


There are still of lots of areas to grow in. 
This is exciting!



Thank you following along on our journey to simplicity. Please be sure to learn about our family, like our page on Facebook, and visit the right column to subscribe to our posts :)

"I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want."

Philippians 4:12


God Bless!