Time Out!

 
It's Wednesday, and I'm smack in the middle of a "to-do" list that feels overwhelming at moments.
There's revivals this week, with early evening practices for special music,
food to be prepared for guests on Sunday,
and I am scheduled to work the rest of the week.
My husband needs me to help him prepare for a meeting he is hosting,
and of course, there's the house to clean!
 
 
But I also have a daughter who is growing up all too quickly,
and I want to savor every stage of her life!
It would be a tragedy to look back and wish that I had cuddled her more,
took more time to read her favorite books,
or just sit and play with her.
 

When I opened the door, the glory of a perfect fall day beckoned to me.
I couldn't stay inside,
when cloudless indigo skies, balmy breezes and colorful trees called my name!
I thought of the park,
and I thought of my list of work to be done.
 

I made an important decision:
 the work can wait!
I have a precious little girl who loves to swing,
and moments like these won't last forever.
So I packed her up and off to the park we went!


 It was totally worth it,
to see the delight in her eyes and the joy in her face!
I treasured every minute,
and thanked God for nudging me to take time.

 
The thing is,
He knew just how much this little girl's mommy needed it too!
 
***
 
Take time, my sweet friends.
This moment won't last forever!