Thanksgiving Week 3: DIY Placemats & Napkin Holders


Thanksgiving.
What sights, sounds & memories does that word evoke in you?
For me, it's the whole package.
It's a time of spiritual reflection and worship, 
as I consider all the bounty God has blessed me with.
It's a relational experience,
as family & friends gather to share food and memories of the past.
And it's definitely a physical experience:
the smells, the taste & the eye candy!


As I prepared the decorations,
I wanted them to reflect all of those things:
Faith + Family + Food.
How much better can it get??!!


Pinterest was my source of inspiration, as usual! :)
I found the idea for these placemats, and although they took a bit of time, they weren't difficult to make.
I used a roll of brown wrapping paper I had on hand, and cut it in half the length of the paper.
Then I guestimated (my typical!) for the actual size I wanted them to be.
I adhered some lace to both edges to dress them up a bit.
Then I bought a white paint marker and wrote "Give thanks" on the one end.
The original source suggested writing "I am thankful for" and then adding lines below that for each person to write their own list. 
What a cute idea!


For the napkin holders, I used some burlap & twine I had on hand
and wrapped it around some basic white napkins,
which I also had on hand.
It's all about using what you got, right?


I used some reclaimed barn wood to display my table setting.
I am in love with old farmhouse tables, but since I won't be needing another dining room table anytime soon, I'll just be content with touches of old wood
in my decor!
I found the branches when Hadassah & I were on a run one morning,
and thought they would be the perfect touch 
with my upcyled vintage jars.
I love the look of tapers, so those completed a simple, yet rustic tablescape.


Today, I get to enjoy round 2 of Thanksgiving,
this time with my family!
I hope your celebration was a beautiful one,
and another reminder of all the gifts we've been given.
Happy weekend, friends!