Day 15 . Finding The Good


When you have two young kids (or any kids for that matter) running errands has to be carefully calculated.

Yesterday I had two stops to make: Picking up milk from our milk share drop off and stopping by the bank. I timed it perfectly for both kids naptimes. I had snacks & drinks just in case. It was all set up to be a perfect, quick outing.

So I thought.

Then, I waited at the milk drop off for 15 minutes before I checked online and saw they were switching it to Tuesday this week.

Then, my toddler refused to take her nap and chucked her snack bowl a crossed the car spilling the contents everywhere.

Then just before I pulled into the bank, the baby woke up from his nap.

Then there were 4 people in line for the tube-thingy at the bank, knowing both kids would be screaming for the 10-30 minutes I waited, I drove home.

I had accomplished nothing. Wasted over an hour of our day. And now I had two cranky kids. Nothing went right. And I felt a migraine coming on.


Then I noticed this view driving home.
And I realized, God designed a pretty freaking beautiful world.

And all of a sudden it didn't matter that my trip was a failure. I was just enjoying the beauty that fall brings. Enjoying God's artwork.

Yes, I lost an hour of my day. But didn't lose any more hours dwelling on it.

Thank you following along on our journey to simplicity. Please be sure to learn about our family, like our page on Facebook, and visit the right column to subscribe to our posts :)

"I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want."

Philippians 4:12


God Bless!